Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: Solo Camping Question  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Dragonryn

• View Profile
Solo Camping Question
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:27:10 PM »
Greetings all!

As TomorrowWorld would be my first EDM festival and camping experience (since no one I know is willing or able to attend), I had a couple questions for you all:

1) Is safety for solo campers a concern, in your opinion? Going on the fact I keep my head on my shoulders and know the difference between good ideas/bad ideas.

2) Even though I'm extremely friendly, I also can get a bit shy around people I don't know. That said, is it still possible to meet people and have a good time at this kind of event? I know that probably sounds like an odd question.

Any other thoughts are appreciated! Cheers  :)

Offline Dransco

• View Profile
Re: Solo Camping Question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
You shouldn't worry about this at all.  My first  several festivals were solo, and you will meet people.  There's no room to NOT meet people.  Safety isn't an issue, your stuff should be fine if you make sure not to leave anything unattended out you shouldn't be leaving out in the first place.   As long as you're not a dick, you'll be okay, lol.  Its not like you can go around finding bad things to do.  Just mingle and have fun.  People set up camp next to you?  Introduce yourself!  That's what we're here for!

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

Offline Dragonryn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 05:59:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply  :) Really appreciate it!

Offline emac800

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:42:43 AM »
I'll be there solo too. I've been talking with a lot of people in a TW group on FB and it seems that 99% of people who go, are all friendly and there to have a fun time. I'm not concerned at all.

Offline starr

• ::: Peace Up /// A-Town Down :::
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »
Hey there!

I am a natural worrier and Mom (worrying went up a thousand fold) and never ever felt unsafe at TW. I don't sleep well and found myself on my own (bathroom/drink/wandering) by myself in early AM hours - both pre-dawn and the one right after midnight with no issue. I found those around me were often way more fucked up than me and everyone was overwhelmingly rad. I don't take to people in general and even I made new friends. ;)

::: starr :::
Peace Up // ATown Down

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: