Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: Dreamville vs Easy tent?  (Read 13254 times)

Offline Justaneesha

• View Profile
Dreamville vs Easy tent?
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
Hello,
I had a few questions I couldn't find answers for on the website hopefully you guys can help me out (:

For Easy Tent, it says there are sanitary restrooms available just for easy tent residents do we also need tokens to use bathroom/showers? Just like Dreamville?

In Dreamville there says to be a BBQ area, is there a BBQ area just for Easy Tent residences as well? Or is that just TomorrrowLAND?

For the coolers what's the best advice to hoping all of the ice won't melt within the 3 days lol

Lastly If we are camping can we, at any time, leave the camp grounds (for food or anything) and return without any problems? Or is it more of once you're in, you're in!

Thanks!

Offline benneman

• View Profile
Re: Dreamville vs Easy tent?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
Hi there

Q1: Yes, you also need tokens to 'buy' your shower in the Easy Tent area :) It's just the same as on the regular camping site

Q2: I don't know if there is a BBQ area in Easy Village as well... probably there is. The regular camp grounds have plenty of them, so it would be stupid if Easy doesn't have it. If not, you can always enter the normal camp grounds to BBQ. (Easy Tent can always enter this normal area... it's impossible the other way round)

Q3: Just bring large chunks of ice... last for 3 days ;) at TMW had the possibility to buy ice cubes, TML never had this before.

Q4: YES you can leave and re-enter whenever you want... but only through the camping entrance/exit at the festival grounds. Keep in mind that it is still a 1km walk from TML to Dreamville

More questions... just ask them. As an experienced TML-goer (8y in a row) I try to help you and answer your questions =D

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:12:19 AM »
My experience: Stayed in the EZ tent area at TomorrowWorld. As this is a TomorrowWorld forum, I'm going to assume your asking these questions about TomorrowWorld.

1) No. The showers in the EZ tent area are free.

2) Yes. There is a BBQ area within the EZ tent area that is only accessible to the EZ tent people.

3) No reasonably priced cooler will keep ICE for 3 days. The cooler will stay cool, but not cold. You can buy ice at the festival, but it's kind of expensive. Thinking it came out to $9-10 for a 20 lb bag.

4) Yes, you can enter and leave at almost any time. They do close entrance to the parking lots after a certain time of day, I can't recall exactly (it will be posted on the official site), but I'm thinking it was late evening. I think it was late evening though. Last year, people were making beer and ice runs all the time.

Offline bcpux

• <insert clever comment here>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »
Jason's post is accurate. Just wanted to add that their was basically no ice available the first day or two, and it cost A LOT. When I found some I think it was 6 tickets (~$12 depending on how you bought the tickets) and it was only an 8lb bag. I was asking the EZ Tent bar area to put some ice in my empty cup and they would usually hook me up. Not good for food, but good for a cold drink here and there.

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
I guess I should have clarified, I bought ice off the truck in Dreamville. But you are correct, it wasn't available until the 2nd day. But I'm hoping that was just a logistical screw up on TW's part and will be fixed this year.

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »

Offline bcpux

• <insert clever comment here>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 03:50:03 PM »
That's funny. Seems like they were charging different amounts and had different sized bags. I agree I think it was a logistic issue, and hopefully they have learned from their mistakes.

Offline jgoodall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »
I stayed in dreamville and I saw the easy tents and I'm glad I stayed in my own tent more room and the party's went all night but to each his own.

Offline Justaneesha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
Thank you so much for the lovely answers and advice!

So we can leave the festival grounds/dreamville at anytime to go get more alcohol and ice from say a store down the street?
&Like food from any stores near by?

Would you say it's cheaper to get the boozebag or more convenient?

Is the walk that bad D:

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 10:34:47 AM »
The boozebag is $75 worth of tokens. You just get the bag and a small souvenir book. It's slightly more convenient as you don't have to wait in the token line.

Yes, you can leave to pick up more ice/booze/supplies. However, this was just recently posted to the Official DV FAQ (this is new this year):

If you have purchased a DreamVille 5 Day Parking pass or DreamVille Specials 5 Day Parking pass we request that your vehicle stays in its spot for the duration of the weekend to experience all DreamVille has to offer. If you do have to leave the festival site and wish to return, you must do so during the specific hours listed below.  For any car that leaves site and returns there will be a $20 re-entry fee.  We cannot guarantee that your vehicle will be parked in the same lot upon return.

There is no same day vehicle re-entry for any other vehicle pass at TomorrowWorld.

Daily hours vehicles are allowed to exit & re-enter*

Thursday: After 10pm only
Friday: 6am – 10am & 7pm – 9pm
Saturday: 6am – 10am & 7pm – 9pm
Sunday: 6am – 10am & 7pm – 9pm
* Cars will be charged a $20 re-entry fee each time they return to their parking lot. Cars are not guaranteed to be parked in the same lot they left

Offline Justaneesha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
Yeah I had been checking but ijust saw it now. Thanks again for all the advice guys !

Offline Justaneesha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »
oh!
And i almost forgot,
what about phones?
Can we charge them or.. we're just screwed aha

Offline littleb27333

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »
I have a few questions.  This will me my first over night camping festival.  I have been going to events for many years but never multi-day. I went a head and did the easy tent cuz I don't own a tent nor have sent up a tent in many years.  One of the big questions is how are the showers? Any good rules of thumb for them or for the event? We will be driving from Cleveland Ohio so we have room to bring stuff with us. What about charging cell phones.  Is there a good way? Last one my friend that is come has MS and is on a lot of different med and I know that you need a Doc. Note and they have to be in the original bottles but do you need a note for each one or can she get have one note with all the different medications listen on that one?

Thanks a Ton
Brandon

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 08:29:46 AM »
Phone charging:

You will need some sort of portable recharging unit. Options available:

1) Buy a solar panel power pack
-- Expensive initial upfront costs, but probably cheaper over multiple festivals vs buying batteries
2) Battery operated rechargers
-- 4 double AA batteries
-- Charges phone approx 1.5 times.
3) Rent one from TW.
-- They have a $40 down payment and you get $20 back when you return it.
-- You get another one when you turn in the discharged one.
-- Limited supply during the day, you may have to go back multiple times to see if they are in stock.
-- Charge phone approx 1.5 times
-- Before you ask where to buy, these have not gone on sale yet.
4) "Borrow" an outlet from TW
-- People were unplugging light posts and other official lighted things and plugging in phones
-- TW electrical staff did try to combat this

Showers:
-- Last year, the guys showers were basically 14 (iirc) little plastic stalls with a shower head
-- hot water was hit and miss
-- girls definitely had the short line advantage.
-- EZ tent showers are free
-- Regular Dreamville showers will run you 2 tokens ($4.44)
-- Bring normal toiletries and you'll be good.

As for the medical. I have no idea. I would definitely get in touch with the TomorrowWorld people BEFORE you go down to work out the details of what you need.

Offline littleb27333

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
Thanks Jason. I will get ahold of them. If I come up with any other questions I will let you know. Hope to see everyone there.

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: