Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: Merged: Local Tips & Direction Tips  (Read 7770 times)

Offline starr

• ::: Peace Up /// A-Town Down :::
    • View Profile
Merged: Local Tips & Direction Tips
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »
Hey y'all!

I just got back from a quick jaunt over to the TW site to see what my route would look like in advance.

I was helping a fellow TW'er who is organizing a large group and sent the following advice regarding his location for meeting up (OUTSIDE of the gates).

Less than 5 days!!!!

Photos It was easier to caption these in my public Google+ / Hangout space... A small preview to the Road to TomorrowWorld!
https://plus.google.com/photos/106968685053080774504/albums/5926198575812297233

Meet Up Advice

1/2 Mile Location - Texaco Gas Station

There is a 4-way intersection that has a Texaco gas station and decent-ish parking less than 2 miles before the gates. Between the gates and the Texaco there are a handful of properties all with no pull-over or completely private land.

The Texaco sits at the intersection in the attachment. From the POV in the photo, turn left and continue for less than 1/2 a mile - fast turn onto the single-ish (really dual but not at the same time) curvy, unlit road. So yeah I'd recommend here @ the gas station. The drive from the depicted locale is less than 1/2 a mile as per the directions from the Bouckaert Farm web site (pasted below).

4 Mile Location - Publix Shopping Plaza

Your second option is the shopping plaza that contains a Publix (nice grocery) and a handful of other businesses - pizza, fried chicken fast food, etc. A little further down on the same road (visual distance) is Waffle House. All are on Highway 92/Campbellton Fairburn Rd (also in the directions below). They are clear as day and offer super ample parking as well as Publix giving you a chance to restock / get stocked. I'd almost think this would be better than the ultra close Texaco.

Source for directions:
http://www.bouckaertfarm.net/directions/

Stay on S. Fulton Pkwy for 7.5 miles then Right on “Hwy 92 Campbellton Fairburn Rd”. Go 4.5 miles then Left on “Hwy 70 Cascade Palmetto Rd”. Go 0.3 miles then Right on “Cochran Mill Rd”. Go 1/10th mile,then right onto Browns Lake Road.

::: starr :::
Peace Up // ATown Down

Offline disch0rd

• View Profile
Re: Photos: The Road To TomorrowWorld & Meet Up Advice
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 01:37:03 AM »
STICKY THIS PLS!!!

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 01:37:03 AM »

Offline Rayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
I'm going solo and am all about meeting people to hang out with.  Hit me up at kcolvinbham@yahoo.com if any solo Dreamvillers are looking for a solo village inside Dreamville.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »

Offline Alifrutoz

• View Profile
Tips from a local
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:46 AM »
Hi TW PEEPS:

I am a local.  For those that aren't able to camp in Dreamville and stay on site for the full experience...Which is highly recommended....

Most of you don't know it but there are lots of very cheap, nice and clean hotels only 15 minutes from TW.  At 1 am, exhausted and dirty know that if you stay in Atlanta expect to drive 35 freeway minutes plus to get back to your hotel.  Douglasville is a town in Douglas County (the County next door) 6 easy backroad miles from the event.  There is a LaQuinta, Hampton Inn, Holliday Inn Express to name a few just a few minutes away.  Google DOUGLASVILLE hotels to see a complete list. I know that laQuinta is only $59.00 a night.  There are also a ton of chain restaurants, 24 hour Walmart and a MALL all within walking distance of the hotels. 

From I-20 (one of the main freeways that takes you to TW) your GPS will direct you to Fairburn Road exit 37 which takes you south to highway 92 to get to event, TO GET TO HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS  GO one more mile on I-20..the very next exit is CHAPEL HILL ROAD EXIT 36 where all the hotels, restaurants, stores and mall are. 

Local authorities are wanting to make a real effort to be extra welcoming to TW Peeps so there are some plans in the works to make finding the area even easier. 

(Assuming they don't change it up from last year)  The secret insider back way to get easy access to Dreamville parking is to take EXIT 36 CHAPEL HILL ROAD OFF I-20.  GO SOUTH ON CHAPEL HILL ROAD (starts commercial turns residential)  Go all the way to the end (6 miles or so), turn LEFT at end of road (highway 166)  In about a mile the road forks go RIGHT at fork..The parking lot entrance (and traffic line you avoided) will be right there on the right across the bridge.

Chapel Hill Liquor store is in strip mall across from target on left once you get off the freeway.  A Kroger and Publix are further down Chapel hill road and sell beer and wine..
The restaurants here are much cheaper compared to Atlanta.  A local place that is world famous for its Cajun food is Gumbeauxs in Downtown Douglasville.  People drive two hours to go to it..Its really that good.

I strongly encourage you should stay on site and spend your money with the festival BUT if your are on a budget or with a big group and can't camp..Douglas County/Douglasville is a easy, close by alternative to make you weekend safe and fun!

Feel free to email me with questions about the area...I cant wait to see you all there!!! ;D

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

Tips from a local
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:46 AM »

Offline Kett

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tips from a local
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 11:24:41 AM »
Alifrutoz - Thank you for posting up the tips!

I've stickied the post to make it easier for others to find.

Offline festivalover

• View Profile
Re: Merged: Local Tips & Direction Tips
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »
Thanks for all the great tips! This will be my first time.  Do you know if you stay closer to TW what is the best way to get to and from each day? Thanks!!!!

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: