Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: How old is to old to attend Tomorrow World?  (Read 24495 times)

Offline eddieNC

• View Profile
How old is to old to attend Tomorrow World?
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
I am a  42 single male(currently).  Have always wanted to go to a big EDM event like Tomorrowland or Ibiza but the cost and time off from work to travel put it out of reach.  I have seen Tiesto twice  in the US and I still hit the nightclub scene when I can. I also will more than likely be making the trip from NC to GA alone since only know 2 or 3 people in my area that even know what EDM is and are married or have kids to deal with. Kinda feel like it's now or never since none of us know what tomorrow will bring 8)

Offline benneman

• View Profile
Re: How old is to old to attend Tomorrow World?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 03:34:46 AM »
Hi

Everyone is welcome at TomorrowWorld :) There is no upper age limit (lower age = 21y)
The average age at Tomorrowland is around 26, but as you can see in the video beneath, there are older people too ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p2Nuq2fuks (Grandparents of Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike)

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 03:34:46 AM »

Offline Bryanh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:04:45 PM »
Old is relative.   Age is biological....it's how young you feel and act that matters!

Offline Monique

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
My group of 12 coming from Miami are older, age ranging mid 30's to late 40's.  We've been into the scene for 20+ years, traveling to parties in all parts of the world.  It's not how old you are, it's how you feel!  If you feel it in your heart, who cares how old you are.  We only live once, TomorrowWorld will give you memories you can keep forever!!

Offline eddieNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
 :) Monique and Bryanh, "My thoughts exactly"! Just booked my ticket!  Excited as this is the first big EDM event i have attended.  I'm sure I will find someone or someone's to hang out with ;) 

Are you all staying in a hotel or DreamVille?

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »

Offline Monique

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »
:) Monique and Bryanh, "My thoughts exactly"! Just booked my ticket!  Excited as this is the first big EDM event i have attended.  I'm sure I will find someone or someone's to hang out with ;) 

Are you all staying in a hotel or DreamVille?

Hotel, but also purchased DreamVille, we want to go to the Gathering!

Offline eddieNC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »
That's the same thing I'm planning on doing :)  What are my best options for a hotel?  Are you all driving to the event or plan on taking a shuttle?

Offline Monique

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
That's the same thing I'm planning on doing :)  What are my best options for a hotel?  Are you all driving to the event or plan on taking a shuttle?

We are a group of 14 so thinking of renting a 15 passenger van to get us to and from the festival. Other more expensive options, hireing a party bus.  If a shuttle service becomes available, we might take it.  As far as hotel, since we are flying in, we are staying in the airport area.  They have a car rental center at the airport so it makes it convenient.  Also, several hotels in that area offer free shuttle to the hotel from the airport.

Offline pyanfar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 06:54:51 PM »
Although we've been going & camping at Regional Burns for a few years, and have attended DEMF up in Detroit a few times, this will be a first time camping a *festival*.  My guy and I are 36, lol, and I have a ruptured disc in my spine!  Haha, I can't always keep up with everyone else who seems to be a decade younger than me, but I definitely try!  Both of us were giant nerds in high school/college, and although he eventually started partying, I never really did until I got to about 30-ish, so I feel like I'm making up for a LOT of lost time, lol!  Sometimes I do end up feeling *old* at parties, but I try to shake that off and just enjoy myself as much as possible.  Like the OP said - you never know what tomorrow may hold, so you might as well enjoy it as much as you can for as long as you can!   ;D

Offline Perrik

• How could it end this way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
Totally agree with what has been said; "You only live once" & "You're as young as you feel". We partied really hard when we were teenagers and our early 20's so now on our early 30's some of my friends are like grandpas! I still feel good and love EDM, I live for it! I have been to Ultra last March and couldn't make it to Ibiza this summer so I'm stoked to be going to TomorrowWorld! See ya guys there!

Offline sarriola

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 10:55:33 PM »
I'm 54! Got tickets and will be going! Leaving the wife and teenage daughter behind in California. The wife
hates EDM music and the daughter only wants Dad around if I'm chauffeuring her and her friends around town. I'm retiring next year and EDM festivals across the globe will be on my yearly bucket list. Volunteer vacations will be on my retirement bucket list too, so it's not all fun and games in the future. Any suggestions for getting rid of gray hair, anyone? Should I dye it blue or green?

Offline eddieNC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 12:51:37 AM »
LOL!  How about thinning hair?  From some of the chats i've been in I really don't think anyone really gives a damn:)  Had lots of encouragement on another group chat.  The way I look at it, None of us are promised tomorrow!  Enjoy!

Offline Perrik

• How could it end this way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »
Wow outstanding Sarriola! Kudos to you. Have lots of fun at TomorrowWorld! Maybe shave it?
I'm 54! Got tickets and will be going! Leaving the wife and teenage daughter behind in California. The wife
hates EDM music and the daughter only wants Dad around if I'm chauffeuring her and her friends around town. I'm retiring next year and EDM festivals across the globe will be on my yearly bucket list. Volunteer vacations will be on my retirement bucket list too, so it's not all fun and games in the future. Any suggestions for getting rid of gray hair, anyone? Should I dye it blue or green?

Offline starr

• ::: Peace Up /// A-Town Down :::
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »
Come hang with me & my crew...

My husband will be 27 forever in my mind as that's when I met him but he's closer to your age than 27. :)

I'm young but not 20-young... though I do meet the 21+ requirement...

Music unites and frankly EDM is all about it - PLUR if you remember from the 90's - eeeeeeeep!

Age is in your mind. TW is a once-in-a-lifetime affair or at least that was my justification. I do NOT camp loathe the outside and am genuinely geeked for this festival including Dreamville.

C'mon - have fun! Life is too short to worry..especially about if you are "too old" or that it matters to someone other than you.

PS. Are you hot? I wanna hook my bestie up and while she is a ticket holder she's wriggling out... Hehehe... J/K - sorta. ;)

Offline TheFADED

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »
30 here and still raging harder and looking better than these young kids! Age is all in your head. All it means is I have more money to do stuff like this.

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: