Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: going to a festival by yourself?  (Read 34904 times)

Offline theloneaussie

• View Profile
going to a festival by yourself?
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »
I'm from Australia and thinking whether to purchase tickets for tomorrowworld or not. I'm heading over to Canada for exchange (to study) but would be awesome to attend TW2013, however I don't know if its a good idea to go to a festival in a another country by yourself. Will it be easy to make friends? or could I even make friends? I don't want to seem like a creep going to a festival solo. Any ideas or input/help to me assist my decision in whether to attend the festival will be greatly appreciated!

Offline trance4ever

• View Profile
Re: going to a festival by yourself?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:52:46 AM »
Nothing wrong with attending a festival solo!! I've flew 4hrs to LA and did the same thing before (because my GF was sick and couldn't attend). Party my ass off and met some cool people along the way!!

Went to ASOT in Netherlands in a total foreign country last month with my GF (just me and her) and had a blast!!

This is THE festival we are talking about!! It's TomorrowWORLD!!

You only live once buddy!!! DO IT!!!

If you feel uncomfortable to go alone, hit me up cuz we have a group of 8 people going!! I love meeting people who share the same interest as me  ;)

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:52:46 AM »

Offline morficus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 12:13:09 PM »
Will it be easy to make friends? or could I even make friends? I don't want to seem like a creep going to a festival solo.

By creating this thread, you already have people to hang out with at the festival!
There is also a pretty sizable group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/tomorrowworldatlanta/?bookmark_t=group) which has a few people that re going by them self and making plans to meet up.

If you feel uncomfortable to go alone, hit me up cuz we have a group of 8 people going!! I love meeting people who share the same interest as me  ;)

Same goes for me - it's just me and friend, but solo-goers are welcome to join in and party with us.

Bottom line is, you will probably never be alone :-)

Offline therese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »
I'm coming over to Atlanta from Sweden solo and I went to Tomorrowland solo last year.  Not sure how many people they'll get in Dreamville at TW, but in Belgium there were about...35000? Finding someone to hang with is not a problem  ;)

You should def go!

Offline bhermans

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »
Nothing wrong with going to a festival on your own!
Actually, we should do a meetup of people going alone!

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »

Offline Kai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:32:52 AM »
I'm from Australia and thinking whether to purchase tickets for tomorrowworld or not. I'm heading over to Canada for exchange (to study) but would be awesome to attend TW2013, however I don't know if its a good idea to go to a festival in a another country by yourself. Will it be easy to make friends? or could I even make friends? I don't want to seem like a creep going to a festival solo. Any ideas or input/help to me assist my decision in whether to attend the festival will be greatly appreciated!

Hi, and Welcome to the Forum.  Please make sure to include yourself in the Aussie or European group as I am sure you will meet others coming from the same areas who will be in attendance at the festival.  Also, just like everyone has said... you now know all of us, so you will not be a lone.  If you have any questions, please feel free to post them or directly myself or another Moderator.

Offline Kai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »

WHere is Canada will you be, I am bumping a thread to the Canada group... b/c we have others coming from Canada.  Make sure to look for it and reach out them!

Offline theloneaussie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »
Thanks all for the friendly and supporting responses!

Think it's safe to say that I will go now!

I just want to know if this event will sell out? because the only issue now for me is I have to wait for my acceptance letter from my partner university (University of British Columbia). The minute I get accepted, I'll definitely purchase the tickets (so hopefully they don't sell out).

@Kai: I'll be in Vancouver.

Offline Kai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
Thanks all for the friendly and supporting responses!

Think it's safe to say that I will go now!

I just want to know if this event will sell out? because the only issue now for me is I have to wait for my acceptance letter from my partner university (University of British Columbia). The minute I get accepted, I'll definitely purchase the tickets (so hopefully they don't sell out).

@Kai: I'll be in Vancouver.

I was just in Vancouver!!!!  Loved it!  Spent some time in the city and then went snowboarding at Whistler!!!  I think you will enjoy yourself!

Offline theloneaussie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 03:04:28 AM »
I was just in Vancouver!!!!  Loved it!  Spent some time in the city and then went snowboarding at Whistler!!!  I think you will enjoy yourself!
[/quote]

hey kai! I'm excited myself however I've heard its just as expensive as Sydney -___-
and would you know if TW would sell out anytime soon?!?

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »

You know I'm in  8)
Any other solo traveller willing to meet up at TomorrowWorld (or Dreamville) ?

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
Where will you be in Canada?

We are two from Montreal who will be driving down to Atlanta, and I still have 3 places left in my car!!

We're real nice, and would be a pleasure to be friends if you want to :D

Offline Brian Bianco

• RAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »

You know I'm in  8)
Any other solo traveller willing to meet up at TomorrowWorld (or Dreamville) ?

Great idea! I am also stuck going alone at the moment but am willing to ride share with others. I'm in the Cleveland area and am willing to drive or pick up. Can't wait to get to TW and the more in the group the merrier!

Offline theloneaussie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 01:52:57 AM »
Also how much do drinks and food cost at these events?

In Australia, a mid-strength drink (3.5%) costs about $8-10AUD and a vodka/redbull will set you back $12-14AUD. A water will cost $4.50AUD and a Lipton Peach Ice Tea will cost $6AUD. How much damage is it over there|

Offline bhermans

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:02 AM »
Also how much do drinks and food cost at these events?

In Australia, a mid-strength drink (3.5%) costs about $8-10AUD and a vodka/redbull will set you back $12-14AUD. A water will cost $4.50AUD and a Lipton Peach Ice Tea will cost $6AUD. How much damage is it over there|

There's some posts about prices in the booze bag thread: http://www.tomorrowworldatlanta.net/index.php?topic=38.0

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: