Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: propane  (Read 6834 times)

Offline beachbaby83

• View Profile
propane
« on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:07 PM »
are we allowed propane lanterns or burners for cooking food

Offline starr

• ::: Peace Up /// A-Town Down :::
    • View Profile
Re: propane
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:54:11 PM »
Based on the FAQ from the official TW site I'd say no... Here's the list:

To guarantee safety at the DreamVille camping site, the organization has set up a few rules. People who violate these rules will be asked to leave the camping area and or festival site or their belongings will be held in custody.

No campers, caravans or trailers, only tents are allowed in DreamVille. We recommended bringing a trolley (or something on wheels) for your luggage and other belongings
Camping is only allowed on the camping site and spending the night in your car in the parking lot is strictly forbidden
Cars have to be parked in the designated parking areas. Security reserves the right to search any vehicle at any time and you must have a parking pass to park in the DreamVille parking lot
No glass
No sharp items.
No nitrous tanks (NO2)
No CO2 tanks
No gas containers

No kegs
No paint
No cooker or gas range, only small BBQ equipment is allowed in the special BBQ-corner (on the camping site) we also have festival provided BBQ’s on site to share!
No generators of any sort
No gas
No open fires
No domestic animals
No drugs
No weapons
Flags/Totems are only allowed when they are no longer than 9 feet and not thicker than 1/2 inch
Climbing on fences or other structures is forbidden
Graffiti/Paint/Markers are not allowed
You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks into TomorrowWorld. These can only be consumed in DreamVille and NOT on the festival grounds.
You are limited to 1 Case of beer and a 1.75 liter bottle of alcohol per person. If you show up with more than what is allotted per person it will be confiscated.
Camelbaks and Bota Bottles will be allowed in if empty.
Food and drinks in glass are strictly forbidden
Doing any kind of unauthorized business is not allowed without the permission of the organizers. This includes vending and promotions of any kind.
It will be possible to buy food and drinks at the camping site.
Sanitary facilities are available.
Our security team has the last word in case of discussion.
You will be body-searched upon entry to DreamVille and TomorrowWorld every time you enter.

::: starr :::
Peace Up // A-Town Down

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
Thought I'd share some on this. I directly emailed the Dreamville info line:

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the use of small camping stoves within the Easy Tent area. Like a small Coleman propane powered stove. For example:

http://www.coleman.com/product/perfectflow-2-burner-propane-stove/2000007502?contextCategory=2010#.UiCmLNKa5TI

The rules and regulations state the following:

No cooker or gas range, only small BBQ equipment is allowed in the special BBQ-corner (on the camping site) we also have festival provided BBQ’s on site to share!

To me, that is prohibiting large charcoal grills that can be used to cook/feed large groups of people. But I wanted to make sure that small semi-personal cooking stoves didn't fall under the same restriction before I brought mine.

The reply to the email:

To find out what you can bring into DreamVille please view this page –

http://www.tomorrowworld.com/general-rules-conditions-tomorrowworld-dreamville

Food and water and alcohol (with limitations) are items that you are able to bring to DreamVille (however, not into TomorrowWorld). You can see the restrictions in the link above. We also have BBQ Zones in every camping area with festival provided (complimentary) BBQ’s to use, picnic benches etc where you can cook!

Camelbaks and Bota Bottles will be allowed in if empty.

The best way to stay up on all of the TomorrowWorld News, Updates, and rule changes will be here - http://www.tomorrowworld.com/news

Make sure you check us out on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/tomorrowworld

Thanks,

The DreamVille Team

Take it as you will, but the link they emailed me says nothing about no small grills. I'm going to bring mine and *maybe* stash it a little deeper under my gear in my car.

Offline disch0rd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
I'm planning on bringing my small backpacking stove (MSR Pocket Rocket) to Dreamville just to be able to heat up water in the mornings for tea/coffee. I think you'll be pretty fine if you have something small.

Offline AtlantaGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
No gas, no propane, and no open fires.  I don't know what they do if they see someone fire up a small stove, but maybe they don't care if it is small.  Or, at least posting this keeps a lot of people from bringing stoves, but they know a few still will.  I'm sure it is because drunk partying people, plus fuel and fire, with tents very close together - a huge hazard for many reasons.  Some people are idiots when it comes to fuel, whether it is propane or liquid. 

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »

Offline rickycj7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 11:24:23 AM »
who will be tail gatting in the parking lot

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: