Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: Questions TomorrowWorld  (Read 60153 times)

Offline benneman

• View Profile
Questions TomorrowWorld
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »
Hi all,

I've read some of the topics on this forum, and I saw that there are a lot of questions from people who are vistiting TMW for the first time. (Well ok, EVERYBODY will visit it for the first time  8) ). I am from Belgium, and after 8 years of TomorrowLand and the 9th time in July on my party list, I am visiting TomorrowWorld as well. If you have any questions, please ask them here, and I will answer them as soon as possible.

Ben

Offline LMTSRN

• View Profile
Re: Questions TomorrowWorld
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:48:30 AM »
Hey Ben.  Yes I do have a question regarding transportation.  Do they provide shuttle service (via large buses even if for a fee) from a cental location to the event or is all parking at the site? 

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:48:30 AM »

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
Hey Ben.  Yes I do have a question regarding transportation.  Do they provide shuttle service (via large buses even if for a fee) from a cental location to the event or is all parking at the site?

It depends where you will be staying. If you stay at dreamville, you can park you car at a central parking spot and then go set up camp. The way to the festival is on foot (about 1km). Dreamville and TomorrowLand/World are located very near to each other, so no shuttle service needed.

If you are staying at a hotel, if you bought a hotel package for example, you have transportation to and from the festival everyday. This is when you bought a complete package from tomorrowworld itself. If you have a normal ticket, and booked a hotel yourself, you have to handle your own transportation to the festival.

If you buy a global journey ticket, ALL transportation is provided to you (to and from airport to dreamville)

Hope this answers your question. Note that I can only speak of the Belgian festival.

Ben

Offline Kai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:18:25 AM »

The link is blank right now, but under FAQs on the website, it says that TW is going to work on trying to provide some type of shuttle transportation from a main location in Atlanta. When the link is back working I will post it.

Offline NDLaxMan16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »

It depends where you will be staying. If you stay at dreamville, you can park you car at a central parking spot and then go set up camp. The way to the festival is on foot (about 1km). Dreamville and TomorrowLand/World are located very near to each other, so no shuttle service needed.

If you are staying at a hotel, if you bought a hotel package for example, you have transportation to and from the festival everyday. This is when you bought a complete package from tomorrowworld itself. If you have a normal ticket, and booked a hotel yourself, you have to handle your own transportation to the festival.

If you buy a global journey ticket, ALL transportation is provided to you (to and from airport to dreamville)

Hope this answers your question. Note that I can only speak of the Belgian festival.

Ben

Great responses -- thanks a lot!

In a similar vein, does that mean you park your cars near the campsite? I was just thinking about security...at other festivals like Coachella you have your car on your camping plot so you can lock all valuables in there. How are wallets, phones, etc secured while in DreamVille? I feel like it'd be tedious to 1.) carry everything on your person at all times or 2.) run back to your car (which could be far away) every time you want to get something.

Lastly, what has the weather usually been like when you've been to TLand? Atlanta can be a crap shoot sometimes with temperatures...

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »

Offline Kai

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »

Ben

In a similar vein, does that mean you park your cars near the campsite? I was just thinking about security...at other festivals like Coachella you have your car on your camping plot so you can lock all valuables in there. How are wallets, phones, etc secured while in DreamVille? I feel like it'd be tedious to 1.) carry everything on your person at all times or 2.) run back to your car (which could be far away) every time you want to get something.

Lastly, what has the weather usually been like when you've been to TLand? Atlanta can be a crap shoot sometimes with temperatures...

From what I have read... they try to have 2 parking areas.  One is normal and the other is a bit closer to the camping area.  As for security for the parking lots, I have no idea.  For small personal items the website has promised that there will be lockers available for a small TW fee.  As for running back to your car, the festival will be quite spread out b/n Dreamville and the actual festival / stage area.  I have heard this "deters" people from leaving the actual stage areas and going back to their camp area for food and drinks.  Most people wrote that walking to and fro was a bit long ( depending on if you are used to walking) and that they just bought beverages and food IN the stage area once they arrived.  Keep in mind that the location is 350+ acres of land. 

As for weather.  This is a rain or shine event.  I know it has rained in the past at TL.  Your best bet is checking the weather channel for the local September weather averages.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:51:56 PM by Kai »

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »

At TomorrowLand the car parking is at the entrance of Dreamville, no more than 2 minutes walk (but if your camping spot lies at the end of the camping site, it can be a long walk). You can run to and from your car as many times you want, as long as you have your Dreamville wristband. (PRO-TIP: First time, only take your tent, set up camp and than get all your other stuff. This is much easier than getting all your stuff at once)

It is best to take your valuables with you all time (you never know who is walking at the parking spot, although it is secured). At Dreamville and at the festival itself, you can rent lockers, where you can put your belongings.

Weather is unpredictable. I've seen editions were the camping was a total mess, but that's the fun part of it. At the festival itself, preparations for bad weather are made. They will put wooden floors everywhere and some wood particles on the mud. At TomorrowLand itself you can get free sun cream when it's very hot and free poncho's when it rains ;)

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:22:15 PM »
I have heard this "deters" people from leaving the actual stage areas and going back to their camp area for food and drinks.  Most people wrote that walking to and fro was a bit long ( depending on if you are used to walking) and that they just bought beverages and food IN the stage area once they arrived.

Well it is a long walk, because Tomorrowworld is held in the middle of a small town, the only meadows are about 1km away, and this is where Dreamville is placed. (for TomorrowWorld, I'm not sure, because the area is huge there, maybe Dreamville is only 5min away)

You can enter and leave the festival as much as you like (before 22pm) to get some drinks and food at Dreamville, but it is much easier to get some at the festival itself. Note that no food or drinks can be taken inside the festival :)

Offline cdwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
At the last EDC I went to, they sold water bottles for like $15 and allowed you to get free refills at water stations scattered around the area. Is there anything similar at tomorrowworld?

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
At the last EDC I went to, they sold water bottles for like $15 and allowed you to get free refills at water stations scattered around the area. Is there anything similar at tomorrowworld?

Last editions of TomorrowLand this was not the case. A water bottle (33 cl) costs the same as a beer (2 coins, which was around 2.8 euro). At the restroom areas there were some refresh points where running water was available, but it was stated that this was not drinkable. But if you want, you can always refill it there, at your own 'risk' of course. When it was really hot, they handed out free water and you had some fountains where you could refresh ;)

Offline Kett

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 03:00:54 PM »

Last editions of TomorrowLand this was not the case. A water bottle (33 cl) costs the same as a beer (2 coins, which was around 2.8 euro). At the restroom areas there were some refresh points where running water was available, but it was stated that this was not drinkable. But if you want, you can always refill it there, at your own 'risk' of course. When it was really hot, they handed out free water and you had some fountains where you could refresh ;)

For further measure you can purify the water with iodine tablets. Remember these take about 30 minutes or longer to work depending on the tablets you buy...

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
For further measure you can purify the water with iodine tablets. Remember these take about 30 minutes or longer to work depending on the tablets you buy...

That is one possibility, but I am pretty sure you can't take those tablets into the festival. Ok, it is not a drug or something very harmful, but I am sure, when they find it when you are searched, it will be taken away :)

Offline Kett

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »

That is one possibility, but I am pretty sure you can't take those tablets into the festival. Ok, it is not a drug or something very harmful, but I am sure, when they find it when you are searched, it will be taken away :)

True. Just saying if drugs get in (I don't do drugs by the way...) these legal tablets can get in too :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:14:12 PM by Kett »

Offline benneman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
True. Just saying if drugs get in (I don't do drugs by the way...) these legal tablets can get in too :)

That is true :) But from my experience, there is little drugs at TML. I don't do it either, but I've been searched every time I went in the festival. The music is my drug... and of course the BEERS  8)

Offline LMTSRN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »
Someone asked about the weather.  If you haven't seen in some of my other posts I live close to the venue.  The weather in this area during late September is usually some of our best weather all year long.  I always look forward to early fall because of this.  The day time temps should be around 80 F with night lows around 60 F.  It is typically dry during this period unless we get a storm come up out of the tropics which of course can cause a lot a rain but this doesn't happen very often.  The venue area is in a rural so there will probably be some early fall colors starting to show which should make the event area even more spectacular.

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: