Link to The Forums quickly! Use Tomorrowworld.fm or Tomorrowworldatlanta.com today!
Advertisement:

Author Topic: n00bs have questions? Ask me!  (Read 7281 times)

Offline bcpux

• <insert clever comment here>
    • View Profile
n00bs have questions? Ask me!
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
Seems like there are a lot of questions floating around in a bunch of different threads about TW from first timers, and I wanted to volunteer to try and answer anything I can in a big QA thread. I'm not claiming to know all the answers, and experiences are based on last year (I assume it will be quite a bit different/better in '14!) but please ask away! AND you don't even have to start your own thread!  ;)

I can drop photos in here if people want to see what different areas look like too. Examples include: the marketplace, Easy Tent area, entrance/exit, etc. Ask me and I will do my best to prepare you for the event that will freakin' change your life!

Offline j.cami

• View Profile
Re: n00bs have questions? Ask me!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
I'd love to see some pics of what the marketplace looked like.

It's going to be my first festival and unfortunately I'm not staying at dreamville but what are some essentials I need to have in my backpack?

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »

Offline BK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:43:02 PM »
So, are you staying at Westin? I'm ;) It would be nice to know someone who is staying there as well :))

Offline bcpux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
I didn't take many photos of the shops, well, because they were boring. I do have this one of the marketplace area:

As fas as what to have in your bag? Money to buy tickets and some type of water bottle (must be empty). Not much else you are allowed to bring into the festival itself. Last year they let us bring bags in, then no bags, then small bags. My gf couldn't bring her purse in because "it was too big and looked like a backpack". I know the rules are specific this year, but be aware. I think it depended on who you happened to get at the checkpoint.

Offline Goodskii

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »
Any idea when tickets/bracelets get in?

TomorrowWorld Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »

Offline bcpux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:56:15 AM »
Any idea when tickets/bracelets get in?
Last year most didn't. We had to get the bracelets and treasure chest at the gate. Some people had luck last year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline sammyb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the parking area to dreamville, also what time should we arrive on Thursday to be able to get a GREAT camping spot thats closest to the festival.   

Offline dancehoebot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
How are the showers in Dreamville? Usually my friend and I go balls out with hair/make up at festivals but since we'll be roughing it I'm think maybe we should just keep it simple... What do you think?

Offline UntilTheyKickUsOut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 08:31:40 AM »

Hello, does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the parking area to dreamville, also what time should we arrive on Thursday to be able to get a GREAT camping spot thats closest to the festival.   

Sammyb,

It obviously depends on what time you arrive on Thursday how far the walk is but here's my personal opinion.

1. Being closest to the festival entrance isn't necessarily the best. One reason for this is because you are next to the restrooms and showers and a lot of foot traffic. I believe our campsite was perfect last year and it was about 50 yards away from the entrance. On the other hand, its nearly impossible to time arrival for a perfect camping spot. From last year there was a pretty large line starting at 10am. I would shoot for 9:30am-12pm for prime camping real estate.

2. The walking distance is FAR! Even if you are in the front area of parking you have about 50 yards to the Dreamville entrance. From there it depends on where your campsite is. If it is near the front (closest to the music entrance) of the camping area you are looking at at least 500yards. This is why bringing a wagon to carry stuff is so important. After carrying two coolers packed full of ice/beer/food along with my tent my arms were shot.
A great picture that helps show the distance needed to travel is on the TomorrowWorld website on the welcome page. At first it will show artist line up but scroll through the pictures until you see a view of dreamville. (maybe you can predict a better distance in yards)

Hope this helps :)

Offline KnD05

• My hubby and I use this account. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
Hello,

We are planning to visit Dreamville, but not camp. I was wondering about the parking times. Do you know until what time cars are allowed to stay in the general parking area? I already bought a parking pass for Dreamville to attend the gathering, but I'm not sure if I should purchase a general pass as well since the Dreamville parking has times in which we could come back in.

Thanks in advance!!

Offline UntilTheyKickUsOut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »
Hello,

We are planning to visit Dreamville, but not camp. I was wondering about the parking times. Do you know until what time cars are allowed to stay in the general parking area? I already bought a parking pass for Dreamville to attend the gathering, but I'm not sure if I should purchase a general pass as well since the Dreamville parking has times in which we could come back in.

Thanks in advance!!

What do you mean by visit? If you have not purchased a Dreamville 5-day ticket then you will not be able to enter the camping area at all.

Offline KnD05

• My hubby and I use this account. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
Yes, I bought the Dreamville 5 day pass + Full madness ;) So I'm not camping but will be at the gathering and will hang out after the festival, etc etc

Offline Alifrutoz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »
I got the upgraded tent.  Here is my question...are the EZ tents that are upgraded on a platform? Would there be room to put a canopy over the tent? Did you see anyone do that? I'm just thinking the EZ tents look flimsy so in case of bad rain might be better to have a secondary cover?

Offline Goodskii

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »
do you happen to have a picture of the festival grounds map from last year? Just to get an idea...THanks!

Offline Goodskii

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
do you happen to have a picture of the festival grounds map from last year? Just to get an idea...THanks!

nevermind, found one of google!

Hosting by: Bivek Networks, LLC
Advertisement: